The Parkway School district has a new tool in its toolbelt in efforts to improve school bus safety.
FOX2 reports 12 of the district's 148 buses are equipped with digital cameras on the exterior to see if cars are stopping when the bus stop sign arm goes up.
District officials told the station that last year, without the cameras, 55 vehicles drove through the stopping arm.
See More on Patch
- Pattonville Journalism Students Come Out on Top in State Awards
- Incumbents Keep Parkway School Board Seats
- Parkway North Students Home Safe From Spring Break Trip After Bus Scare
- Report: Parkway North Band Director Saves More Than 100 Lives On Spring Break Trip
- Gun Shy: Little Support for Armed Teachers Among Parkway Candidates
Most Popular articles
- Woman Lured Man to Hotel Room Where He Was Stabbed and Robbed, Police Say
- UPDATE: Construction Postponed at Bridgeton Landfill
- Restaurant Inspections: Burger King, Dairy Queen Easily Pass
- Maryland Heights Police News: Musician Makes Bomb Threat, Man Robs Church and More
- Mugs in the News: The Faces that Made This Week's Crime Headlines