Fox2Now.com reports that Northwest Plaza is coming down and that construction on a new development is ramping up.
From the report:
80 percent of the old mall is coming down to make room for a $106 million redevelopment. $33 million of that is reportedly coming form Tax Increment Financing. When the project is done, the city of St. Ann and developers are looking forward to new big-box stores, restaurants and a renovated JC Penney and Macy’s.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Woman Lured Man to Hotel Room Where He Was Stabbed and Robbed, Police Say
- Bridgeton Landfill Odor, Concerns Rise in the Area
- Manager Embezzled $243,277 From Bridgeton Company to Fund Gambling Habit, Police Say
- Police Remind Residents to be Diligent After West County Rapes
- Mugs in the News: The Faces that Made This Week's Crime Headlines