- - - Updated at 4:30 p.m. - - -
Fox 2 News reports that the Missouri Department of Transportation is shutting down Route 364 from Interstate 270 to St. Charles County for two hours.
- - - Original story - - -
Traffic on nearly every major highway in the St. Louis-area is backed up Thursday afternoon as a winter storm that began this morning continues to wreak havoc on those that cross it.
According to Maryland Heights Patch's traffic tool, powered by Mapquest, drivers are at a near standstill on north and southbound Interstate 270; westbound Interstate 70 approaching the Blanchette Bridge; westbound Interstate 64 near the I-270 intersection; westbound Route 364; and more.
Traffic on Interstate 170 is also snarled throughout most of St. Louis.
Emergency crews are currently working to clear two accidents, one in the eastbound lanes at Woodsmill Drive and one westbound at Maryville Center Drive, both of which have closed multiple lanes, said MoDOT Community Relations Coordinator Linda Wilson Horn. There is no clear time frame for when the lanes will be re-opened.
To get a live update of road and traffic conditions, you can visit MoDot's Gateway Guide.
See More on Patch
- Cops Bust Man Changing Lanes 'Abruptly' on I-270 For Driving Impaired—His Third Such Offense
- Wrong Kind of Green: Man Issued Ticket for Pot Possession on St. Patrick's Day
- Crime Roundup: Assault Rifle and Ammo Stolen From Car, Tip Jar Stolen and More
- Man Leaves Accident on Blanchette Bridge, Racks Up Fourth DWI Charge in Two Years
- Man, on Phone, Injured in Car Accident on I-70
Most Popular articles
- Woman Lured Man to Hotel Room Where He Was Stabbed and Robbed, Police Say
- Bridgeton Landfill Odor, Concerns Rise in the Area
- Police Remind Residents to be Diligent After West County Rapes
- UPDATE: Construction Postponed at Bridgeton Landfill
- Restaurant Inspections: Burger King, Dairy Queen Easily Pass