Some couples celebrate anniversaries or Valentine's Day there because they met or had their first date at White Castle. My dad used to take my mom to the one on North Kingshighway in St. Louis city when they were dating.
There's a lot of history between those white porcelain walls—although newer White Castles are stone-colored.
Take our White Castle quiz and see how much you know about the home of the slider. Each photo has a trivia question about the home of the slider. For answers, see the last photo caption.
Information for the questions came from the timeline on the White Castle website.
- Wichita, KS
- A nickel. If you didn’t catch this from the first photo, give your onion rings to someone else.
- 1925. The Cardinals beat the New York Yankees in the World Series in 1926. New York did not yet have a White Castle.
- Hot dogs and eggs
- 12 cents
- Five. The holes help speed up the cooking process.
- Not a trick question. White Castle, of course.
- 1950s – in 1950, to be precise. They began shipping them by air to areas without White Castles in 1970
- Weird Al Yankovic (White Castle also is featured in a song titled “White Castle Blues” by the Smithereens.)
- “Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle.”
Harold: "The feeling that comes over a man when he gets exactly what he desires. I need that feeling!"
Kumar: "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"
Harold: "We gotta go to White Castle."
Kumar: "YES! YES! I knew you had it in you dude!"
1-3 right – Order a Crave box and onion rings, stat.
4-6 right – You just drove through.
7-8 right – Slider Master
9-10 right – Put on a white hat and apron. You’re a White Castle chef.
*Source: whitecastle.com Company Timeline and White Castle Fun Facts