Woman Assaulted on Highway; Man Shoots Self During Super Bowl
The Maryland Heights Police investigated several crimes this past weekend, including DWIs and assaults.
The Maryland Heights Police investigated crimes, injuries and thefts this past weekend. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
- Police arrested a man for trespassing at Harrah’s Casino.
- Police received a report of someone getting shot with a paintball gun while going to school in the 12000 block of Bennington Place.
- A 78 pound copper bar and a 58 pound copper plate were taken from inside a building in the 2600 block of North Metro Blvd.
- Police responded to an assault on school property in the 100 block of Fee Fee Road. The incident was between two eighth graders and a girl was taken into custody.
- A German Sheppard was roaming free in the 12000 block of Timberlake Drive. The dog allegedly attacked two bull dogs being walked by their owners, but there were no injuries.
- Police investigated a report of stolen identity in the 2000 block of Oberlin Court. The thief allegedly opened an account at “Bill Me Later” with the victim’s personal information. The victim completed an Affidavit of Forgery and returned it to the company.
- Police arrested a man for alleged DWI in the 12000 block of Dorsett Road.
- Two credit cards and one debit card were stolen from a vehicle in the 11000 block of Westport Station.
- Police investigated a report of simple assault near Northbound I-270, south of McKelvey Road. A woman reported stopping on the side of the highway after her car overheated. After checking under the hood, she saw a white man around 40 years old, about 6 feet tall weighing around 200 pounds. The man allegedly grabbed the sleeve of her coat and said, “You’re coming with me.” She pulled away from the man, got in her car and sped away. Authorities have no suspects.
- Police arrested a woman for alleged DWI near McKelvey Drive and Roth Hill.
- Police investigated a report of someone leaving the scene of an accident at 12000 block of Shoreridge Court. A suspect allegedly backed up into a parked vehicle and left the scene. The suspect was driving a maroon Dodge pick-up truck with a camper shell and white ad on the vehicle’s rear. Police describe the suspect as a white male between 5’6” and 5’9” with dark hair. He was wearing a hoodie at the time, according to authorities.
- Police arrested a man for alleged DWI near Southbound I-270 and Page.
- Police arrested a man for alleged DWI near Inletridge and Running Ridge.
- Police arrested a man for alleged DWI in the 1000 Block of Craig Road. Authorities say the individual is a persistent offender.
- A woman was arrested for trespassing at Harrah’s Casino.
- Someone shattered the rear window of a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt while it was parked in the victim’s driveway.
- A man accidently shot himself while watching the Super Bowl and cleaning his gun. The incident happened in the 12000 block of Marine Lane. An ambulance took him to the hospital.
- Police arrested a man for alleged third degree assault on a police officer and resisting arrest.
- A man was arrested for alleged DWI in the 3000 block of Parkwood Lane.
- Police arrested two men and a woman for alleged possession of methamphetamine with the intent to distribute. The incident happened near Southbound I-270 and Page.
- Police investigated a report of theft in the 11000 block of Wylwood Drive. A woman said she was awakened by dogs barking uncontrollably. When she went to check on the dogs, she saw a white man loading their two chain-link fence gates into an older, teal-colored Chevorlet pick up truck. Police are developing suspects.
- A license plate was stolen from a vehicle in the 2000 block of Cedar Dale Court.
- Police arrested a man for alleged DWI near Westbound Missouri 364 and the Missouri River Bridge.
- Police arrested a man for alleged DWI near Northbound I-270, south of Dorsett.
- Police arrested a man for alleged DWI near Bennington Place and Page Ave.
- Police arrested a man for alleged domestic assault in the 12000 Block of Bennington Place.
- A 2001 Acura CL, Missouri license plate ME5L2U, was stolen from the 1000 block of Woodhollow Drive. The victim told police that his vehicle was unlocked and that his extra key was in the center arm rest of the vehicle.