Congratulations to the Class of 2012! Students concluded their educational journey in Pattonville with Senior Awards Night on May 30 and Graduation on May 31. See photos from these events and enjoy the experience with them. Read on and learn more about our seniors' accomplishments.
Class of 2012 Graduation Photo Galleries
Senior Awards Night
Facts about the Class of 2012
- 358 students graduated in the Class of 2012
- 82 percent of graduates indicated they plan to attend college or some other post-secondary education; 8 percent plan to enter the military
- 97 students earned the honors of summa/magna or cum laude (3.5 weighted GPA or greater)
- 97 students earned A+ status, which makes them eligible for two years of paid tuition to any Missouri community college or career education school
- 1 National Merit Scholarship winner
- 18 “Bright Flight” Scholarship winners for top-ranked high school students attending Missouri post-secondary schools
- 146 seniors earned $5.4 million in scholarships
- Seniors completed 46,000 hours of community service during their four years of high school
- 66 seniors earned community service honor cords for volunteering 150 hours or more (with two-thirds of service completed off campus during non-school hours)
- Top three graduating seniors for hours of community service: Erik Schrader (773 hours), Mario Khalil (641), Marc Prather (488)
Senior Awards Night information
Pattonville High School senior Chrish Johnson was named the Outstanding Senior for the Class of 2012. She graduated from Pattonville on May 31 and was president of the Pattonville Future Educators Association and vice president of the National Future Educators Association. She was also active in a number of other activities and sports. The Outstanding Senior is chosen each year from teacher nominations. Pattonville High School also honored several seniors with Outstanding Senior Departmental Awards. Each department recognizes one student who has shown outstanding academic achievement, leadership and citizenship in that department.
This year's Outstanding Senior Departmental Award winners are: Elise Amo, physical education; Marie Clark, modern language-Spanish; Dylan Dorey, Thomas Frick Award; Raymond Dunmire, COE (Cooperative Occupational Education); Joseph Hakanson, math; Kristen Hanna, Pirate Press publications; Kaitlyn Hirschbeck, orchestra; Alex Horstmann, art; Kimberly Hulse, ECHO (yearbook); Christian Johnson, family and consumer science; Jacob Johnson, vocal music; Mario Khalil, forensics; Kelsey Koenig, science; Harry Kolmer, theater; Adam Lair, modern language-German; Alyssa Mars, English; Keith McAllister, technology education; Sean McDonald, social studies; Jaqueline Neil, journalism; Tiarra Pereda, modern language-French; Marc Prather, gifted honors English; Erik Schrader, community service; Chelsea Sims, business education; and John Sorsen, band.
Clark, Horstmann, Jacqueline Model and Schrader also received the Four-Year Perfect Attendance Award.